Ortega Elementary School will establish, with the help of our parents and community members, a safe, supportive, creative, and collaborative environment that provides rigorous learning experiences based on high quality academic instruction and rich interpersonal opportunities that result in students meeting or exceeding state standards of performance which prepares them to be college, career, and life ready.
Every student matters. Every moment matters.
We believe all students:
- can develop a love for learning in a strong diverse community where everyone’s contributions are valued.
- deserve a safe and nurturing environment that supports and challenges them.
- need a strong foundation with high expectations for the staff and students that foster growth.
- thrive when courage to be creative and develop their individuality and providing differentiated instruction.
- Physical, musical, and artistic abilities
- Philanthropy and showing gratitude
- Using all resources to support students “it takes a village”
- Dedication to the whole child by supporting their interests and academics with interventions and extensions
- A sense of community and family
- A safe environment and mutual respect
- A positive and happy staff and students
- Individualized academic, social and emotional interventions
- Each person refusing to allow any child to slip through the cracks
- High expectations for all
- Supportive families
- Supportive and generous leadership
- Multiple intelligences and differentiated learning styles
- A sense of belonging